Thursday 10 May 2018

Premise - Reflective Statement

Premise has been a strange project for me. While it should have been straight forward from the get go as issues such as finding a story had been tackled early on. The 'Battle of Nery' is a story that I am more than passionate about in bringing to life, shedding light on this important event. Finding it comparable to last year's, 'script to screen' project in terms of the type of work required I have had far more confidence and enthusiasm on 'premise'. As a result the storyboards that I have managed to draw, however numerous, have retained enough basic detail to be understood (alongside being the first of mine to have sound). 
Despite this I would have hoped to expand far more on exploring the world and style. I have found that putting together the animatic has been my primary concern and has left much to be desired.  I wish I had planned and spent my time more wisely and interacting with my tutors. This would have fixed problems within my work. Never the less it is important that I move on from this point and fix my animatic using the criticism given.  
It is also important to fix the model that I have generated to have a more fitting style and proportion to the story. I feel without the support of my tutors I would not have been able to produce a viable product for the presentation. Being directed into choosing a project that links into my personal fascination over one that may provide the marks has clearly had an effect. The camera angles used have been expressed with the help of film and the want to tell the tale of the soldiers.

No comments:

Post a Comment